These legal professionals execute important tasks and have really helped many clients globally. Their services are really indispensable with the marriage institution which is full of challenging circumstances that have put asunder what God brought together and supposed to stay together.
Despite their expertise and commendable services rendered to society, they operate on risks as identified below:
- There is a likely risk of being harmed by the opposing side especially if he is a competent lawyer and the opponent realizes things not turning out as expected. He can do all he can to render this lawyer unable to complete this litigation process through physical harm or using any other feasible way. It may not be common but it is possible.
- Losing the case when there is court involvement is another risk in giving out such a service. If this happens, it costs the legal expert a lot; trust of clients, his good name and probably his portfolio, confidence and of course that very client will be devastated which hurts his pride. This threatens his career and his effort will become thwarted. A case may after all be lost due to inevitable factors beyond his control.
- The client himself or herself may make this wonderful field risky by hiding part of the information which as aresult subjects divorce lawyers to being challenged by the accused when the truth is revealed and worse still with evidence. For example the contending side may be having audio or video evidence which is oblivious to the accusing side. When produced, the lawyer will be challenged and embarrassed which undermines his position and reputation.
- It is also risky to execute the task successfully to the end and yet be denied payment because the client doesn’t have it at that particular time or he / she is just being dishonest. It is rather frustrating when this occurs considering the time, effort and some personal financial resources injected in. It may be forcefully reversed but it still costs more time and effort among others. This may arise where the agreement or mutual understanding between the lawyer and his client stipulate that payment will be given at the end of the litigation process.
- The data may be accidentally lost at the last moment. This is another overpowering risk. If for instance, there is court involvement in this issue and early the next day is a court session which whatsoever cannot be postponed for certain sensitive reasons; yet a few hours before the session data is lost to may be a computer crash, a theft, a fire outbreak or any other hand of fate. This can be frustrating too and may be a strong blow on the side of the divorce lawyer and his client.
Much as risks are anticipated obstacles, most of them end up not occurring to the joy of the would-have- been victim. Otherwise all professions are full of risks but it requires one to remain proactive and absorb the shock as it comes.