Pasta is one of the most common foods prepared by many people. However, the query is, “Do people prepare pasta correctly?” It is not surprising that many people cook pasta the wrong way, and that is why they are dazzled when they eat pasta at an Italian restaurant. Read the guide below for the best way to cook pasta.
Before you start cooking your pasta, you need to take some actions that will guarantee that your pasta comes out great. Here are what you need to do:
- Choose the right shape of pasta – thin pasta and tubular pasta
- Choose between white pasta and whole-wheat pasta
- Keep olive oil away; you do not need it as erroneously believed
- Choose between dried pasta and fresh pasta. Fresh pasta requires only two to three minutes of cooking.
You need the following things to cook pasta like professional chefs at an Italian restaurant:
- Large Pot
How to Cook Pasta in the Best Way
To prepare your pasta the best way like Italian restaurants do, follow the steps below:
- Use a large pot to boil about four quarts of water for each pound of pasta
- Add at least a tablespoon of salt to the water
- Add your pasta to the boiling water. Do not break the pasta; it will become softy in 30 seconds and fit into the pot.
- Use the tongs to stir the pasta to prevent sticking together.
- Keep tasting the pasta each time you taste it. This is to ensure that the texture of the pasta is perfect.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a colander
- Add sauce and enjoy your pasta.
If you follow the tips above and the instructions given, you would be able to cook pasta the way it is prepared by chefs at an Italian restaurant.